Thursday, October 25, 2012

The Cavern Club

 
 

 
 
The Cavern Club is the world famous rock n roll club that opened in 1957.  Being right next to my hotel I spent most of my time there.  The Beatles performed here 292 times between 1961 and 1963 and is still a place that most popular musicians want to play.  Outstanding acoustic guitar players started at 2pm and played until midnight everyday changing acts every 2 hours.  Mostly Beatles songs were played with everyone helping out on the vocals.  I did find my own brick high on the wall of fame to sign my name.  My last day here I stayed in the Cavern 10 hours, from opening to closing.  With every break I would work the tables and met loads of great people, two of which were there in the early 60's.  I tried my best to give all the women a chance to dance.  Major damage was done to my already poor hearing, but was sure fun.  Inspired me to learn a few more Beatles songs.  Album posted on FB.

No comments: