Friday, October 19, 2012

New London Digs



After 3 years of living in a 3 bedroom penthouse flat, our lease has expired and we've moved to a lower level.  With the rent jumping about $1200.00 US per month, it was an easy decision to make the move in the same building.  We now have a 2 bed 2 bath 1300 sq ft flat but did give up our panoramic view of the city.  As usual, I painted the boring white walls with some warm colors to match my warm personality.  Julie and I now take our vitamin D to make up for the dreary UK winter with very little sunshine.  The 3 years we lived in our previous flat will mark the second longest time we've lived anywhere in 33 moves.  Although we have a smaller flat with only a view one direction, we will get by.  In my life as a builder I've learned that a big fancy house doesn't make a happy home. We need only one essential thing too make a fun home...ME!

No comments: