Thursday, September 16, 2010

Weslaco Texas







This small town is located in the Rio Grande Valley and is 70 miles inland from the Gulf. This is hurricane season and the rain is plenty. Today it is 94 degrees and about 110 % humidity, which means it's darn miserable. I am here for to check on a commercial property and check out the economy. This area is still growing a bit and actually has some new construction in the commercial and industrial parts of town. It dangerous to go across the border now and US citizens are warned to stay away. Some Mexican businesses are moving to the US side to get away from threats and extortion from the drug cartels. Look at the gas prices here. They are complaining about the recent increase from $2.35 to $2.55. This might be the cheapest gas in the US now. I took a shot of the small Continental Express jet that I flew from Houston. These are 50 passenger planes with 2 seats on one side and 1 on the other. They are a little cramped but are fast and efficient providing service to many small towns in our biggest state. I am sitting here in Houston for 3 hours so I got time to blog. Can't wait to get to Seattle so I can sit another 4 hours waiting for my 20 minute flight to Wenatchee.

No comments: