Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Texas business trip






Yesterday I got up at 3 am. and drove 1 hour to catch a 6 am. flight from Wenatchee into Seattle. Lucky for me, I met a friend from 30 years ago who was a pressman with me at the Wenatchee World newspaper. We had a visit on our flight and spent 3 hours catching up in the Seattle board room. Check out the pancake machine I found in the board room. I hit the start button and enter the number of pancakes I want and catch them with my plate in less that a minute. Amazing! After a 4 hour wait, I boarded my flight to Houston Texas. This is a fabulous picture of Mt. Rainer as we passed by about 12 noon. I should have been sleeping on this flight but met a fun Canadian couple who were involved in horse racing there, in the late 70's. They knew of my wife Julie, and the stable that she rode for in her Canadian racing days. So I didn't sleep but had to talk the whole 5 hour flight. From Houston I caught a 1 hour flight to Harlingen and from there took a 30 minute cab ride to Weslaco Texas, my destination. Finally I got checked in to my room at 10 pm, but had to beat 2 jumping roaches with my shoe before I could sleep. How come this kind of stuff always happens to me?

No comments: