Thursday, September 16, 2010

Best meal in Texas




Opened in 1955, Milano's Italian Restaurant here in Weslaco Texas is the place to eat. I've been to Houston, Dallas, San Antonio, and Austin, but this food has got um all beat. I found this restaurant when I was here 6 years ago and was greeted at the door by the owner, just like I was family. Once again last night I walked in and was greeted just like before. The Milano's, both of Italian descent, were celebrating their 50 th wedding anniversary and I had a nice visit with them. I will be in Italy next month so we a bit to talk about. He told me about life here in the Rio Grande Valley and a little history. He also warned me to watch my back because the drug cartel was very active only 7 miles away on the Mexican border. I had a pasta with fresh Gulf shrimp...Dam good grubbin.

No comments: