Friday, October 1, 2010

2010 Ryder Cup





This morning I got up at 4:30 am to start my journey to this years Ryder Cup. The trip from London was 2 underground tube rides, a 2 hour train ride, and a bus ride. I arrived at 8:30 am at The Celtic Manor Golf Resort in the South Wales city of Newport. As usual all phones and cameras were incarcerated at the front gate so I couldn't get a picture of me with the US team. It was a right fine miserable, rainy, and windy day. My feet were soaked in 3 minutes upon arriving and play was suspended 30 minutes later. So I only saw about 20 minutes of golf in the rain. Such is normal weather in Wales this time of year. I bought a pair of socks and found 2 small plastic bags to put over my feet, then put my wet shoes on. My feet stayed dry the rest of the day (Good idea). After 5 hours of waiting in the wind and rain, I headed back home to London and then watched the golf on TV as play resumed at about 5:00 pm. These disappointments will happen in life but maybe my little pep talk with our team just might make the difference in the final outcome. It warmed my heart to see such a huge turn-out of American fans here today. Go USA!

No comments: