Friday, April 13, 2012

Best friend Bogey



Today Gene, Sara, Brooke and I, said goodbye to our faithful Cairn Terrier Bogey here in Arizona.  He had recently developed health problems and loss of his sight.  It was his time to go and he took part of my heart with him.  I laid my head on him in his last moments and told him he wouldn't hurt any more and I loved him.  Bogey was born in Seattle Washington in November 1998 and arrived that Christmas as a gift for our daughter Brooke.  He lived in Wenatchee Washington for 3 years then moved to Arizona with us in 2001. Bogey  stayed in Arizona with Brooke when Julie and I moved to England in 2007.  In 2009 he retired in Mesa Arizona on a golf course with friends Gene and Sara.  He did live out his last few years in fine style chasing his ball at 'yappy hour' each evening with the locals, and taking Gene and Sara for daily walks.  What wonderful friends to take care of our family pet in his final years for us.  We will never be able to repay you both.  Bogey was the only living soul in my life who was always happy to see me with no exceptions...Bless you buddy...show um your tricks in dog heaven.

No comments: