Saturday, March 17, 2012

Shakespeare, Birthplace




We are standing on Henley Street in Stratford-upon-Avon, at the birthplace of William Shakespeare.  The worlds most famous playwright was born here and also spent the first 5 years of married life to Anne Hathaway.  This beautiful village in the heart of England is about a 3 hour dive north of London.  Visitors have been coming here for over 250 years.  This is just one of the many historic places that tourists shouldn't miss here in the UK.  I'm sure that I would have been as great a writer, had I not  contacted the dreadful virus, Dyslexia, at birth.  In those days the critical 'spellcheck' vaccination hadn't yet been discovered.  But with the lifesaving medical breakthrough called, B L T, ('British liquid therapy'), I tink I mite b ritten mo bedder!

No comments: