Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Truefitt & Hill















As recognized by Guinness Book of World Records, this is the oldest Barbershop in the World. Opened in 1805 the London "Truefitt & Hill" is well known as the world leader in men's grooming. The shop opened in an era when vanity and good grooming were the essential mark of a gentleman. Some of the notables on the who's who list of clients include Lord Lawrence Oliver, Danny Kay, John Wayne, Winston Churchill, Frank Sinatra, Charles Dickens, Stewart Granger, Sir Philip Roddy, Fred Astaire, Alfred Hitchcock, and Cary Grant. I visited the shop yesterday on James street where I've been several times. One of my favorite areas of Central London. I'm lucky this week to have my own personal photographer, Lora in town. Everyone in London is getting real tired of taking pictures for me.

No comments: