Saturday, February 26, 2011

Wendy Cowell Benefit


The Wendy Cowell Benefit was held last night in Wenatchee with about 450 people attending. I was invited by good friends Don and Laura Mounter, who invite me to local functions when I'm in town. I feel a bit like an outsider as it's been 10 years since I've lived here. This was a first class example of a community coming together to help out one of their own. I had the pleasure of meeting Wendy and was very moved by her emotional speech telling of the tragic loss of her daughter last year. I did get to visit with many friends from the past and do apologise for not remembering some names. I wish I had a full hour to catch up with each and everyone as time is always so short. This community spirit is something Julie and I haven't seen since moving away. I really didn't realize that until last night. You're all so very lucky to live in such a great place.

No comments: