Wednesday, June 9, 2010

FIRE !




At 6:30 last night I smelled smoke in my flat and heard an alarm go off. I went out on my balcony and saw about 8 firetrucks on the ground below. So then I opened my door to go down and Blimey! the smoke was so thick I could hardly see. Oh Boy! a story for my blog. I ran back in and got my camera then banged on my neighbors door below and got them out. Then started down 22 floors. I met a fireman on the 18 th floor who was trying to kick in a door, he wanted me out and didn't care one darn bit about my blog. Anyway everyone was booted out of 70 flats for about 3 hours. I waited in the pub next door with some friendly chaps. It took 3 pints just to clear the smoke from my throat. The fire started in the kitchen of a new restaurant on the ground floor. The smoke damage is really bad in the whole building, including some in our flat. So how about that for a fun night, and what a great way to meet the other inmates.

2 comments:

Sheena said...

Phil...I don't know what I did for entertainment before. Where has your blog's been all my life? I love them

Phil Roddy said...

Hey Sheena keep reading, I'm just getting warmed up...I got tales to tell