Saturday, June 5, 2010

Fire Pit




We never had a fire pit until we moved to Arizona 10 years ago. Since then I built one in every house we've owned, and that's been many. A propane fire pit has been on my bucket list for several years at our cabin, and now it's built. I build these a bit different than traditional style. I put the fire ring in the pit upside-down, then fill the fire pit with silica sand. With the pit fully sealed with cement on the inside, the propane comes to the surface and burns on the top of the sand. With the fire turned down low it burns this blue color and still puts out plenty of heat. Everyone goes to the pit at night and tells their biggest lies, and I got some whoppers. Great idea Phil...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been known to sit around a fire and tell lies. Looks great!

Bill S in AZ

Phil Roddy said...

Bill where you been....get up there and warm yourself up