Saturday, May 30, 2009

US Girl Friends


Well the girls (Gail and Ann) finally made it to England, their luggage did not arrive but at least they did! I surprised them both and showed up at the airport with our great friend Simon! Well from then on it has been shopping eating and drinking! I have been able to mix in a little work as well. I took them to London showing them the train and the tube system. I think they did quite well grasping the transportation system here. While I worked they headed into London to see a play and do a little sight seeing. They made it back with no problems so I think they are veterans now. Yesterday we headed into London for more shopping (I only have 3 new pair of shoes now!) and we had a reservation for the Absolute Ice Bar. They had never experienced anything quite like it! Later that evening we went to dinner with Mike Amato (one of my big bosses in the UK) who got us into Cipriani's which is a fabulous restaurant in London and then he took us to his Gentlemen's club. We had a fabulous time. The weather has been brilliant and we spent the day today recuperating in the sun! Reading and resting, it was great! We are supposed to have great weather thru next week as well! I guess the girls brought it over with them. Next week we head to Paris for 3 days so stay tuned for more fun!

No comments: