Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Deck Framing




Having finished the framing of this deck, I'm happy with the results and know it was done right. Now a framing carpenter is a highly under rated job and most times goes completely un-noticed. If this phase of any wood framed construction is not done correctly the building will always have problems, with settling, doors sticking and even windows cracking. In a few days I will install the deck surface and guess what happens then. Friends and neighbors will come by and I expect them to say, "Man this is solid, you must have done a really good job of framing. But no, instead I here, Wow! what a beautiful deck, where did you get the material, I'm going to build one like that myself. "right" This is part of building that I enjoy the most, even though I am busting my knuckles and somehow bleeding every day. It's hard work and I love it. When the job is finished nobody sees the framing as it is covered up, but give us a little respect.

No comments: