Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers





Tom Petty played here in London at the Royal Albert Hall last night to a full house.  He was here 13 years ago and is just starting his first European tour in 20 years.  Like a few really great people, Petty and I were both born in 1950.  He formed the Heartbreakers in the mid 70's and has rocked the world with his many hits.  The back up band was Jonathan Wilson also from the US so it was an all American show.  I went to the concert in Central London with 3 mates.  Here is a good picture of the Royal Albert Hall inside and out, and a shot of my mate Lloyd who got the show tickets.  Thanks to Lloyd.  With so many commitments in our lives Julie and I sometimes have to split up so we can attempt to attend them all.  We flipped a coin.... I got the concert and Julie got the late night conference call from work.  We both apologise for missing some of these events and only hope everyone will understand.

No comments: