Thursday, November 1, 2007

1st day at work

Well, here it is Thursday and what I thought was my first official day of work. Got all dressed went in to the office and found out that I wasn't actually expected until Monday, (they all thought I was "keen" since I came to work before I was expected) I worked half a day and then left around 2:00.

Very interesting, the branch hours are all over the board but typically everyone opens at 9:30 am and closes from 3:30 until 5:00 with most of them closing at 4:30 (true bankers hours) and this is an extension of what they used to be. Each branch may be different.

I am learning the acronyms and the lay of the land. The flat is much nicer and Phil and I are enjoying city living (am I really working and living in London??) It all seems a little strange but we are enjoying!

Until next update, take care and keep us posted!

2 comments:

Becky Groom said...

So, how was your real first day? MOre changes at WaMu... you would have had a new boss had you stuck around!

John Gordon said...

Not bad for a girl from Carlton