Thursday, February 16, 2012

Christina O Tour




Today I had the honor of being the first to board the Christina O when it officially opened for tours here in Canary Wharf, London. I had posted a blog about the Onassis owned Mega Yacht earlier but now you get the inside tour. I put protective covers on my shoes and was given a handheld device that narrated my tour. The staff were helpful and well versed on everything about the historical yacht. The who's who list of celebrities and world leaders who spent time aboard was impressive, which included me. Check the picture of the bar with stools upholstered from whale foreskins. I'm not kidding. I'd have to through down a few before sitting on one, and I'd still be nervous. Moby Dick lives on. The grand stair case fit the elegant theme that was used throughout. Onassis bought this Canadian ship in the early 50's for $350,000, and did a 4 million dollar make over. It is now privately owned.  Great Tour!