Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Surgery










I showed up at 10 AM yesterday for shoulder surgery and was finally taken in at 2:30 PM, with no food all day. The procedure took 2 1/2 hours fixing a tear in the front tendon and also a tear in the bicep requiring permanent stitches and screw anchors in the bone. I woke up at 5:30 PM and decided to stay the night in the hospital. With a full dose of pain killers the shoulder still hurt like bloody hell every single time my heart would beat. Actually the rest of the time it didn't feel bad at all. I shared a room with another sad dude and was hooked up to several wires and tubes. The drugs made me sleepy but each time I dozed off an alarm would sound when my pulse dropped below 50. I have a resting pulse rate in the low 40's so I tried to find a girlie show on TV to get it up over 50. Of course I didn't find the inspiring show that would work so I had them recalibrate the alarm. As always I had the greatest care from the Wenatchee Hospital staff. My nurse finally released me at 10 AM this morning after an enormous breakfast. I said good bye to my gas passing room mate and walked out into more fresh snow. UGH!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, you still have one good arm and you've clearly had plenty of rest...get on with it man!

Dan