Monday, November 30, 2009

Dermatology




Here I am in Arizona with my second trip to the Dermatologist. I was checked over and had a few spots removed from my back. I asked the Doctor about a small mole on the top of my foot. He said that it was not a raised mole and that it looked Ok. Since a Doctor 5 years ago told me to keep an eye on that spot, I said to take it off. Well guess what, the lab came back as positive result. It was called a Dysplastic Nevus. Being a type of skin cancer it had to be removed again. Here the doc. gouges a deeper hole in my foot and closes it with 5 stitches. Of course I'm taking pictures because this might be the last time I see my right foot. If this doesn't get it they will no doubt have to take my foot off, and who knows what else. My advice to anyone is get your check-ups and if a Doctor tells you to keep an eye on a spot, take the dam thing off.

No comments: