Sunday, June 28, 2009

London Shows




Back home in England now with my bride where I belong. Julie and I went into London for the weekend and took in two shows. Friday night we saw 'Oliver". This show opened in 1960 and is now playing at the Theater Royal Drury Lane, in West London. Most everyone remembers the Dickens's story about a young orphan growing up in London. It is now one of the most popular British musicals and is sold out most of the time. Saturday afternoon we saw "Dirty Dancing". Talk about a girlie show, this was it. Us guys were outnumbered 50 to 1. The women came in by the bus-loads, I couldn't believe it. I think I was born for these kind of odds (No waiting for the men's toilets). These plays are major ongoing productions and take hundreds of actors and hundreds of backups for the shows that play every day. It's fun to be back.

No comments: