Wednesday, February 18, 2009

UK Driving License


After living in the UK for over one year my International license in no longer valid. So I applied for a full UK driving license and have been studying this book for 10 days. "Aren't I dedicated" This book has a total of 926 possible multiple choice questions and nearly 200 different road signs to learn. So it's a lot of studying and memorization. Today I passed the Theory Test I am happy to say. It was a computer generated test with the 50 questions and then a practical hazard reaction test also on the computer, in a local testing center. This is 10 times more difficult than the US driving test. I believe the English are better drivers because of this. Now I will schedule my practical driving test. I have been driving here for over a year but I signed up for a few driving lessons, just to be safe. I was shocked for all of the mistakes that I made. You are supposed to set your bloody hand brake and go into neutral each time you stop, either at a light or even in traffic. Not only am I dealing with all of these road signs, but these roads are full of faded stripes and warnings, all in different colors and all with a different meaning. Can you believe it!

No comments: