Monday, September 8, 2008

Milan


Lake Chelan neighbor Milan Moss has been a good friend since we first met in 1995. This picture is the perfect example of what I mean. In my absence while he was in Chelan, Milan protected my favorite bottle to the last drop. He made darn sure that no one else got any of it. I know it wasn't an easy task but he stepped up and did it and asked nothing in return. I don't even know how to thank him for doing that for me. Year after year we have spent many hours together either fishing or just killing time at Happy hour with our families and friends. As I left to go back to England this year, Milan gave me some advice for the first time. He told me to "slow down". Now I'm a person who's gone through life like it's a 100 yard dash. It's possible that in my haste, I've missed out on people, events and places that probably were important. So going forward I'll take his advice and make an effort to slow it up a little. Thanks Milan for the advice and the friendship, and thanks for taking care of my bottle. Can't wait to see you next summer!

No comments: