Saturday, January 12, 2008

First drive

We just received our new car, a mercedes benz 4 door with nav system. I woke up to a sunny day (this is Julie) and decided I would venture out. I was very nervous as the cars have the drivers seat on the right side and you drive on the left side of the road (yikes)! I got the Guildford map out and picked out a short route where I could venture out and find my way back ratherly easily. I went down to the car, started it up and low and behold, it does have a nav system but they forgot to give me the cd to go along with it!!! Oh my god! Now what. I have calls in to everyone to find a cd, no way will I drive farther then my map until I get that sorted. Anyway, I did find a nice little route, took a spin and had a little difficulty at the first round-about but after a moment of panic managed to get around. I successfully completed the route and even back tracked to find a petrol station and filled the car up with diesel. It cost approx 50 pounds which is close to $100 US, won't be driving that much! I made it back to my parking garage and was completely satisfied with myself that I had braved the driving for the first time! Yeah. Phil is still in the states and it is rather lonely here but I did have a great day today shopping the high street and driving. Cheers for now!

3 comments:

llk said...

Way to go Juulie! I can't imagine the stress of driving on the other side of the road. You did great!

Phil Roddy said...

Yea Julie You make sure that you get that driving down. Then learn how to wash the car and how to get to the nearest golf courses. When I get back you can be my driver.
Phil

Itzy said...

Hi Phil
Sorry to try and reach you here for business. Please email me at wayocan@yahoo with your contact info or call me at 361-522-4202

Wayo Canales