Monday, January 28, 2008

Arizona Winter

This is really a great place to spend winter. There has been some rain but I don't spend any time shoveling it off the sidewalk, like my poor Washington State friends. Julie and I got here after new years day and had a great visit with family and friends. After a week she returned to England for work. I stayed behind and got a container of furniture loaded and sent on the slow boat overseas. Then I got another load sent to the Lake Chelan house. We downsized from 4500 ft. to a 1700 sq. ft. house in Az. That left a bunch of furniture to get rid of. Also I got my most favorite duty of the year... The tax return. Since we move so often, we have tax info going everywhere. It's always a struggle to put all of the figures together. This will be the first year without residential rentals. These have been traded for two commercial properties, that makes the bookwork much easier. Then when I get the US return done, there is the offshore portion. Everywhere we go the tax-man has his hand out. Don't you love it!
This week I'll take in the FBR PGA golf tourney. For a golf fan it's great and only 10 minutes away. I'm sure looking forward to going back home to England next week. Julie's there having all of the fun. Maybe she can teach me some UK driving skills.

1 comment:

coogrrr said...

Greetings from the Philippines Rodman..
I've been here over three weeks, with one week remaining. If you'd like to check in my blog is www.jrpicard,blogspot.com

Enjoy the FBR. It sure was fun last year..