Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Cardiff, Wales


Sunday we took a 3 hour train ride to Cardiff, the capitol city of Wales.  This west coast city of 350,000 is the most popular tourist stop in Wales with about 20 million visitors each year.  The Cardiff international sports village and Millennium Center, make this England's biggest media center outside of London.  Julie had a business meeting here on Monday and I tagged along to see the city.  As usual I had to endure the elements to see the local sights and get my story.  Again I could see the Romans had a lot of influence here as I toured the 11 th century Cardiff Castle.  Although it was bitter cold there were no lack of tourists at the castle, museum, and the very modern  Millennium Stadium. The most popular sights were within walking distance of the train station.  I had a chance to chat with a few tourists and see a beautiful city.  

No comments: