Monday, January 17, 2011

Year End Parties






Julie manages the London Central region for Barclays, which is one of 7 regions in the Country. There are 10 Areas in her region, each of which has up to 20 retail branches. There are even some branches with upwards to 60 staff members. It is very common here for large companies to host their year end parties in January. It is also common in this city of 8 million people, for spouses and partners not to be invited, as there are already hundreds of employees attending each event. Julie tries to get out to most of these functions which recognise all top performing employees and teams in her region. Here she is helping area manager Nigel, present well deserved annual awards in the Heathrow area. As you can see, on occasion I get invited to these events and it really helps me appreciate the job that she is so passionate about. I do enjoy mixing with the crowd and getting to know many of her colleagues. This gets to be rather stressful duty as I am instructed to accept all drinks that are handed to me, with a smile, and dance with countless beautiful ladies. And that's not the worst of it...I had to attend two different area parties last weekend, both Friday and Saturday nights and I've got no idea how many I will go to next weekend. Just to set the record straight; I don't accept any pay at all for these long unending late night hours that I put in. It's just not that easy being me! I might need an assistant...

No comments: