Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Here comes winter




Here we are, home in England after a wonderful holiday in sunny Arizona. I'm settling in for yet another long cold UK winter. This trip to AZ I picked up two extra guitars to help me get through the winter blues. One is never enough for us greedy Americans, we always want more. In the pic left to right I have a Martin acoustic electric, a 512 Guild 12 string acoustic, and a Clapton Fender Stratocaster which is my first electric guitar. The electric guitar is actually nice to have here in our flat as I can plug into an amp with headphones and nobody can hear a thing. Since we moved into London last year, I had to give up my golf membership so the guitar is a nice way to pass the time. I have no music background and can't read a note of music. I don't know the key of E from a load of coal but I can play a few chords. In the top pic, I'm practicing the pentatonic scale watching a Utube video. This is a lot like golf, I will practice for years and never be good at it, but it does entertain me. So Fred, when you come to visit you'll have a 12 string to make you feel right at home. Bloody hell,,, we'll make some noise!


No comments: