Thursday, August 12, 2010

Barclays Premier League Trophy


This prestigious trophy was crafted in 2004 when Barclay's became the title sponsor of the British football league. The trophy is made of sterling silver, 24 carat gold and the base has precious opaque green stone from Africa, representing the fields of play. It's weigh is over 50 pounds and is always flanked by two security officers when on display as it is classed as priceless. Each year the trophy passes to the winning team of the premier league. Talent scouts accompany the cup and are always looking for someone very distinguished, and worthy enough to be photographed with the trophy for the British press. As I came out of the gym this morning I was picked out of a huge crowd for this photo. I didn't even have my hair done yet. I am deeply honored.

No comments: