Tuesday, July 20, 2010

The British Open







This is the 150 th year of the Open Championship. Joined by great UK friends, Julie and I attended the Open Golf Tournament last weekend. We shared the cost of a driver each day to take us 1 hour 15 minutes, from Edinburgh to the St. Andrews golf course. Cell phones, and cameras weren't allowed on the course. I pleaded my case of how important blog pictures were to our readers. Officials suspended play until they got a ruling on my request. It was decided that they just couldn't change the 150 year old tradition for my blog. We were blessed with almost perfect weather both days, with only a few minutes of rain. Scotland is where golf started in 1552 and St. Andrews is still a public course on public land. It is closed to golfers on Sundays and the locals are allowed to come out and enjoy the course, just like a park. What an honor to see this historic clubhouse and walk the course.

No comments: