Sunday, February 21, 2010

Baby Back Ribs


Everyone loves them, so how do you eat them. I'll tell you my way: I am right handed so I pick up the rib with my left thumb and index finger, eat 1/2 then lay it down, switch ends and eat the rest. I don't wipe my 2 fingers off until all the ribs are finished. My right hand is always clean to drink and use my fork. Seems Simple right! Now here come my best friends and very closest dear relative, who insist I do it wrong. They will only pick up this 3 to 4 inch rib with both hands and start eating in the middle. After 1 bite they have BBQ sauce on each cheek, elbows dragging in their plate, and both hands a mess. I am then asked to pass more napkins since I have the only clean hand at the table. Now this intelligent lot have sticky fingers, BBQ sauce in each ear, baked beans on their elbows, and that's not the worst of it. Since they can't tell the end of the rib from their filthy hands, someone always screams as they bite down on one of their own fingers. So there I sit alone at the table while everyone else is either washing in the sink, taking a shower, or taping up their bleeding fingers. I'm not saying that my way is the right way to eat ribs....I'm saying it's the only way. Neither me, or one of these highly intelligent people that I know, would hold a hot dog on each end and start eating in the middle. So why does the brain shut down when they start eating ribs. Please, can anyone explain this for me?

No comments: