Friday, April 10, 2009

Tenerife Fun




So here we are soaking up enough sun to get us to the next holiday. These vacations always come with some great fringe benefits for us, that we don't expect. I'm talking about the wonderful people that we meet. Chris and Ivy are a retired couple from southwest UK. We had so many laughs with them that we were sorry to see them leave. But we will stay connected and meet up again. Our gorgeous hotel had a different theme each night in the huge lounge for evening entertainment. The first night was a group playing Motown music. It never fails that I will get dragged into the act, and sure enough Ivy and I got hauled onto the stage for a dance with the group. What fun! So the next night was a Spanish group doing their native music and dancing, and we sat clear in the back of the lounge for some privacy. I'll be dammed if this pretty senorita didn't walk through 150 people and latch onto me to me for a Spanish dance. Aren't I lucky. Now Chris was needing some attention so he tripped at night in his dark room and busted his head open. He got patched up in the local hospital and survived. Click on the picture to enlarge. Julie was not about to be outdone, and needed some recognition. After we got dressed up for an evening dinner, Julie looked beautiful as ever with her hair done, a stunning short summer dress with all of the bobbles on. We dished up out dinner salad and Julie slipped and landed on her face in front of a huge dinner crowd. Waiters ran to help, with legs in the air, salad everywhere, and her back-side hanging out, she won the prize. My bride is ok I'm happy to report, but she wouldn't stay on the floor long enough for a Kodak moment.

No comments: