Thursday, December 20, 2007

Our New Town

Here we are in Guildford, getting used to our new Flat. We won't have internet access for another week so I go to an internet bar, with my laptop to stay in touch. That is why I haven't been bloging lately. We will both go back to Az for New Years. It will be great to see family and friends. This weekend we will go into London for a Christmas party. It's fun for me to get to know some of the Barclays crowd that Julie works with. I just found out that we have to get a license to watch TV. (134 pounds per year) I couldn't believe it! Even though you plug in the TV and get several free channels. They have a sensor that can check if you are getting a singal. The fine is hefty if you aren't licensed. I've started running again, doing 4 to 5 mile runs 3 days a week and lifting some weights in-between. I'll never see a 36 minute 10K again, but I feel I can hold off the old-age if I keep active. Julie is getting very busy manageing 180 branches. She spends some nights away from home because of her large territory. But she's challenged and is determined to do a good job.
So that's a small up-date. We're sure missing that Arizona weather. Cheers

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sara says have a safe and happy Christmas and New Years.

Phil Roddy said...

Thanks for the visit Merry Christmas and happy snow shoveling to you